Slate Round 11"
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
11" SLATE ROUND CHEESE BOARD
Natural Slim Edging
Ranges from 10.75" - 11" + 5-6mm thickness
Unlike our other round Slate, which are smoothed down to perfection, these have a layered natural edge. Perfect to use for appetizer plates, making an individual pizza on or even use as decor!
Slate is a great heat insulator and will also help food stay warm during parties!
Each has a natural edge - leaving a distinctive natural surface for serving cheeses & hors d'oeurvres. Use chalk or soapstone to write on it whenever you'd like!
Ideal for identifying your favorite cheeses & accoutrement directly on your slate cheese board.
- All natural slate | USA Made
- EVA Feet on bottom to prevent scratching of surfaces
- Impervious to fungus & mold | Eco Friendly
- Do not put in oven or microwave - may crack under heat
- Can be washed with liquid detergent with cloth, do NOT use a brush or steel wool on slate.
- Slate is an all natural stone. Every piece has slightly different pattern & color
- Food Safe & Non Toxic
- Sourced from Upstate NY Quarry
Slate products look completely different if mineral oil is applied (see pics). Without the oil it has more of a chalk like look. Without the oil fingerprints are easily seen on them when touched from natural oils. However, the chalk like look is very nice and rustic, so many do prefer this.
The other look is Food Grade Mineral Oil applied over it. This darkens the slate to black and gives it a more sleek look. We do offer to apply it to your trays for you, at an additional cost or you can buy it and apply yourself HERE.
If you want us to apply it, just select the "Slate & Oil Application" option when purchase. Please allow an additional 24 hours to ship for this option, as it needs time to air dry before shipping.
- Only need to use a pea size drop(s) when applied. As a very small amount of oil goes a very long way!
- If you have a slate tray with lettering on it, you may go around lettering otherwise it will dim the brightness of the white on the letters. It will not ruin it. However, the words will just be a tad darker.
- If you have a slate coaster with lettering on it, the oil will not effect the brightness of the text (this is due to difference in applying our art on the slate)
- Good Grade Mineral Oil is safe to put on the tray you will be eating off of.
Food grade mineral oil helps to maintain the integrity of the slate and bring out the unique stratifications and color variations in the stone. Protect your slate for years to come with our bottled food grade mineral oil. Simply wipe down the stone with a drop or two of oil twice a year or as needed.